Commerce 2002sp3 on Windows 2003, can't change profiles data source.
Shane M Ryan
2004-09-16 16:58:02 UTC
Commerce 2002sp3 on Windows 2003, can't change profiles data source. Steps
to reproduce:

1) Backup commerce database on old platform.

2) Restore database to new platform using Windows 2003.

3) Go to "Global Resources", "Profiles", "Profile Catalog", "DataSources",
"ProfileService_SQLsource"

4) Right click "ProfileService_SQLsource" choose properties.

5) Partitions.

6) Click under Name column "SQLSource"

7) Click "Edit", "Edit" put in new SQL Server name or IP address.

8) Click Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok, Entire MMC will disappear.

Anybody seen this before? How do I fix this? This only happens on Windows
2003. I have never had this problem with Windows 2000.
Shane M Ryan